Ryan B's Blog

The Great Snow Storm of Austin

| 0 comments

On Friday morning, January 24th, everything was still. The grass frozen. The sky dark. The birds don’t sing. This morning was the day of the Great Snow Storm of Austin, Texas. It snowed a whole half inch, and the roads were covered in a whole square centimeter of ice! The residents of Austin were startled by the cold, white substance that was on the ground. “What is it?” They wondered as they sat in their houses. The strange substance melts by noon, and life is returned to its normal state – for now, at least.

On Tuesday morning, January 28th, everything was still. The strange substance had returned. “Quick! To the panic room!” Parents shouted as they herded their children to safety from the substance. Bewildered parents talk as they wait for the substance to leave. “What if it’s toxic? If I step on it I bet you I will die!” A father said. “Oh, I don’t think it’s that bad. It doesn’t look dangerous.” The mother replied. “I’m going to go outside and pick some up.” The mother declared. “What!? Are you crazy? It will kill you in an instant, freeze you solid and poison you!” The father retorted. The mother did not listen, and left the panic room to go outside. She hesitantly turned the doorknob, and walked off the porch. The substance crunched as she stepped on it, and she was unharmed. She picked some up, and it melted in her hands. “It’s melted into water!” She said in surprise. The father came out with a look of disbelief, and picked some up himself. The children followed, and the news was alerted.
Life returned to normal in Austin after discovering that the substance was safe, and children now play in the substance that they decided to call “snow”.